Monday, August 23, 2010

General Larsson please consider this...

In October I will be living every Officer's dream. My wife and I are excused from Officers' Councils this year. Our first child is due the same week as Officer's Councils and I am extremely excited about this. However, I am actually sad that I will be missing OC this year. It is truly (not) a Sophie's Choice. I will not miss the birth of my daughter for any reason (that can be humanly controlled) but I am sad that I will be missing General John Larsson, who will be the guest at our Officers' Councils this year. I am sad because he is a General and he wrote the fantastic book '1929, A Crisis That Shaped The Salvation Army's Future'. I loved this book. It was the last book that kept me up late reading (to the point that my wife made me turn off the light because it was well past midnight) and I would love to hear General Larsson speak about the book. But I am gladly staying home to be with my family as it grows.
This made me start thinking about what I could do to still get to see the General when he and his wife are in Hawaii for our Officers' Councils. The only thing I can think of is to invite him to our Corps on Sunday, October 16. He could speak in the service and also do a co-baby dedication (along with my father) So this is an open invitation...if anyone knows General Larsson I would be forever grateful if you could pass this on.

Thanks,
Craig

1 comment:

  1. Or you could just put the request in through DHQ...I think it is a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete