Thursday, August 5, 2010

A thought I probably should have left in my head...

Do you remember those old fantasy movies/books 'A Thief in the Night' and 'Left Behind'? While sitting through our first childbirth class this week I had a terrifying thought brought on by these movies. I know that in the book of Left Behind there is a scene where a woman is giving birth and then the 'rapture' (Ed. note: blogger does not ascribe to this theory) happens and her stomach deflates and the Doctor can't find the baby. Poof, it is gone. Well my terrifying though was this: What would happen if Damien Omen's (from the movie 'The Omen) saved mother was giving birth and the 'rapture' occurred? Would the mother disappear and the baby be left behind? And if so how exactly what would be left behind? Just the bloody baby? Or would the umbilical cord be left as well? What about the placenta?
I know that this is a ridiculous scenario because how can Damien Omen be born at the start of the rapture when he is supposed to be the Anti-Christ. The rapture would have to go 30-some years while Damien learned how to be evil, and the Bible (?)clearly(?) states that it would only be 7 years. Maybe some further eisegesis is necessary.

So convinced I kid,

No comments:

Post a Comment