Saturday, July 10, 2010

Well, I finally made it. I am now at the bottom of the front steps of the door that leads to middle age. This is a good thing because if 40 is the beginning of middle age I should theoretically live to be at least 80. Not bad.
I spent my 4oth birthday in Honolulu visiting restaurants we don't have on the Big Island and watching a movie in that newfangled 3D (which we do now have in our 'little' town). The movie we saw was Toy Story 3. It was good, but the 3D did not add anything to the movie except $4 to the ticket price. It tugged at the heartstrings, but not in the same obvious, over-the-top toy with your emotions way that 'UP' manipulated a cryfest out of some people. Toy Story 3 was a good movie, not Pixar's worst (The Incredibles) but not the best either (Monster's, Inc).
For my birthday I received the 'Tales of the Gold Monkey' Complete Series DVD. I have been waiting a long time for this series to come to DVD. I almost broke my own rule (and federal law) and came close to buying bootleg DVDs of it. Almost, but never did. I haven't had the opportunity to watch the whole series yet, but what I have been able to watch is fantastic in a somewhat cheesy 80's kind of way.
Well I am tired and I have typed more than I expected, so I will sign off now.

p.s. I will be a father soon...yee haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment